We’re Here If an Eye Emergency Happens
We know that accidents happen, and if you have an eye injury that needs urgent care, our team is here to help. The knowledgeable professionals at Stoney Creek Optometry are ready to examine your vision concerns and provide solutions and treatments for your eye emergencies.
Eye Injuries & Symptoms
You may be unsure if you’ve sustained an eye injury or emergency that needs attention right away. Common eye injuries and symptoms can include the following:
- Sudden blurry vision or loss of vision
- Foreign objects in the eye
- Redness or swelling
- Scratches in the eye
- Bleeding in the eye
- Chemical burns
- Floaters in the eye
Contact us if you have questions about your symptoms.
Tips For Avoiding Eye Injuries At Work & Home
Although eye injuries can be a part of life, there are some ways you can avoid eye injuries at work and home:
If you happen to work in an environment where risks for eye injuries are more likely, here are a few tips to keep your eyes safe while working:
- Make sure you’re wearing proper safety glasses to shield your eyes from materials.
- Remember to keep your safety glasses on, even when you’re not actively working on a task.
- Keep a spare pair of safety glasses with you in case your pair breaks.
When at home or working around the house, you can use these helpful hints to protect your eyes in your own space:
- Wear protective eyewear when working on your garden or on home improvement tasks that involve power tools.
- When using cleaning products, always spray away from the face, never mix chemicals that interact, and wash your hands before touching your eye.
Extended Hours, Direct Billing, & Conveniently Located
Life can get busy, and we want to help simplify your eye care experience. We are conveniently located on all major bus routes, provide free parking, have extended evening and Saturday hours, and offer direct billing to most insurance companies. We implement our extensive experience and innovative technology into our eye exams to ensure your visit is a productive one.
Our clinic is located on Queenston Road, right next to Fortinos Plaza in the prestigious Stoney Creek Professional Arts Building.
- Stoney Creek Professional Arts Building, 980 Queenston Rd. Suite 202
- Stoney Creek, ON L8G 1B9
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Wednesday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday: 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed